10 THINGS I THINK
1. I don't think it's a good sign that I slept through a 6.1 scale earthquake that occurred only a scant 30 miles away from me. I'm going to need to physically live with someone for the rest my life, because otherwise it's simply too dangerous.
2. I was saddened to find out that Grant, Tory, and Kari will no longer be a part of the Mythbusters team after a decade of work. Not entirely sure what Discovery Channel was thinking in booting them out, but the show will never be the same. End of an era, for sure.
3. If you've got $100K to spend on a car, the answer should always begin and end with a Porsche 911. As an avid car enthusiasts, the iconic sports car from Stuttgart is an automobile I must own during my lifetime.
4. I recently got the STI serviced, so obviously Subaru sent me a post-service survey in the email. For time, I had no idea that anything less than "all 10s" on the survey is a down-mark for the dealership and the service advisor. That said, knowing that I hold the key to their fortunes did cause me to be mad with power for a moment.
5. You only need to look at the fact that The Wire - arguably the greatest television drama of all time - has got zero Emmys, to understand just how insignificant and irrelevant the award show is. Granted, I still watch it every year.
6. Due to the ongoing severe drought California is facing, water restrictions has gone up in practically all counties. One particular encroachment for car enthusiasts is that you can no longer wash a car with an open hose. I've never seen my local self carwash facility so packed.
7. Of course, those of us in the know have long forsaken the traditional hose to wash our cars. I've been detailing for years using only two gallons of water, Optimum No Rinse, and plenty of microfiber towels; not because I was inclined to want to conserve water, but rather it's a much faster system.
8. It's absolutely hilarious that the brand-spanking new Levi's Stadium already need to have its field grass replaced twice. They haven't even played an official regular season football game yet! It's somewhat of an embarrassment for an otherwise glorious facility. Too bad the 49ers ticket prices are considerably outside of my comfort zone.
9. The VMAs is meaningless in regards to actually grading the quality of music, but the show is always an interesting watch. You can always count on something big and or controversial. It's been a long time since I've watched an VMA in its entirety; I rely on social media to find out about it all. Beyonce owned this year's program, obviously.
10. The best thing about university starting up for fall semester is all the free stuff vendors and outside companies throw at you. I probably won't have to bring my usual snacks for the next few weeks.