10 THINGS I THINK
1. Someone is going to have to explain to me how the Warriors are down one game to two against a Cavaliers team that hasn’t got Kevin Love or Kyrie Irving. On paper they should be crushing them, but as the saying goes, that’s why they play the games.
2. Chipotle is already one of my favorite chain restaurants, and now, even more so. It’s been announced the company will begin to offer paid sick leave and vacation for its employees - including part-time workers. Suffice it to say, the Chipotle will see plenty more of my money in the future.
3. Last week I heavily criticized the Mercedes F1 team for their horrendous gaff at the Monaco Grand Prix, but thanks to FOM releasing new radio messages between the team and driver, it looks like half of the blame needs to go towards Lewis Hamilton! Turns out the decision to box the car wasn’t the sole wonton decision by the team, but Hamilton himself wanted to pit as well - he was entirely complicit to the maneuver! It’s no wonder he didn’t go ballistic against his team in the aftermath - he knew he cocked it up.
4. I take great satisfaction in the fact the current Giants third baseman Matt Duffy has got a higher OPS than the acrimoniously departed Pablo Sandoval. “The Panda” should’ve probably done something with the bat first before trashing his former organization. Karma is a wonderful thing, isn’t it?
5. I think Zoe Saldana’s husband taking her last name is absolutely beautiful.
6. Sergio Marchionne is a very impressive man in the flesh, so it’s puzzling as to why he is unable to steward the Fiat group into anything resembling a proper auto manufacturer. (Ferrari not withstanding.) Lancia is all but dead, Fiat can’t decide what it wants to do, Maserati can’t compete with the Germans, and Alfa Romeo is on its hundredth revival plan.
Perhaps the ousted Luca Di Montezemolo should’ve taken over instead.
7. The Gilmore Girls reunion at the ATX Festival was absolutely everything. Yes, I’m an avid fan of the series, except for season 7. I don’t see how anybody can actually like season 7.
8. It’s a shame I’ve got to wait until autumn, because my iPhone 5S could really use the battery and storage-space saving technology in the recently announced iOS 9. That, or I just badly need to upgrade to iPhone 6.
9. If you’re sick of Hollywood whitewashing Asian-themed films (the Aloha movie, ahem), then you really should support Wong Fu Productions first feature film Everything Before Us by watching it on their Vimeo page. As always, it’s immensely important to support independent artists.
10. The 24 Hours of Le Mans is this weekend, and I promise I’ll actually attend one of those within the next few years. It’ll have to coincide with the big European jaunt that anyone who doesn’t live on that continent aspires to do.
In the meantime, I’ll have to make do with the sublime people that do the Radio Le Mans broadcast.